One Little Fish

Best setlist from a gig you've attended?

Give an example of how much you can remember.

I have a few.

Placebo (Dundee Caird Hall, April 2003) - opened with Bulletproof Cupid and Allergic (To Thoughts Of Mother Earth), and generally kept dropping some great stuff throughout the set. Finished with "Pure Morning", "Centrefolds" and "Where Is My Mind"?

The Coral (T in the Park 2005) were great, played Pass It On, Simon Diamond and Don't Think You're The First near the start, before giving us Dreaming of You into In The Morning.

Pixies (T in the Park 2004) were fantastic, first time I seen them they opened with Planet of Sound into Bone Machine into Broken Face into Something Against You into Isla De Encanta into Monkey Gone To Heaven into U-Mass. I don't know any other band that could get away with playing all those songs straight into the next.

They were great the second time too, opening with Bone Machine (as all good Pixies gigs should), before launching into rare outings of "Stormy Weather" and "Head On", before giving us "U-Mass" and "Monkey Gone To Heaven". Mid set they disposed of "Planet Of Sound" into "Hey" into "Debaser" into "Tame". So much energy and passion, it was ace. Finished with "La La Love You" into "Here Comes Your Man" into "Cactus" into "Vamos" into "Where Is My Mind", with an encore of "Gigantic". I just love how they can play about five or six songs all into each other like that, it just sounds so right.

Nine Black Alps were superb, opened with "Get Your Guns", "Not Everyone", "Cosmopolitan", then a new song, then "Just Friends", followed by "Headlights" then "Unsatisfied. The opening brought the place down. Finished with an acoustic "Intermission", "Everybody Is", "Ironside" (my favourite song by them" and "Shot Down". Awesome.

Finally, Stellastarr* at the Dundee Reading Rooms were great, finished with "Somewhere Across Forever", "Jenny", then b-side "She's Gone" (should easily have been on the album", "My Coco" and "Pulp Song".

I love it when bands merge lots of singles and stuff into short spaces like most of the bands I've mentioned do, it's always a surprise somehow and brings the place down.

Either

Coldplay @ Crystal Palace, June 05.

They opened with Square One and then Politik, two high energy tunes which really got the crowd going. They had only just released X and Y but all the new songs went down great, and they didn't overflow the show with new songs either, they played all the old ones everyone wanted to hear too; Yellow, Clocks,

The Scientist and Everything's Not Lost to name a few. It was AMAZING!

Or

Muse @ Earls Court, December 04.

Every song just seemed perfect for its moment. Don't know how they did it, but it was immense! Hysteria, Time is Running Out, New Born and Apocalypse Please were highlights.

Agreed with the Coral, they played almost all the singles at the festivals last year. Was like hearing a band play a greatest hits set yet they've only been around for a few years.

They was very dissapointing at Brixton later on that year though.

Hi,

sadly my favourite setlist from a gig was SUgababes in nottingham on March 28th- it was so well balanced- the entire show flowed so well- never a dull moment. Here was the songs in their entirety...

Round Round

Freak Like Me

It Ain't Easy

Gotta Be You

Shape / Stronger

Run For Cover

Too Lost In You

Obsession

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Arctic Monkeys Cover)

Overload

Caught In A Moment

Ugly

Hole In The Head

*encore*

Red Dress

Push The Button

As sad as it sounds- it was brilliant!!

-NEMESIS-

Queen - A Kind of Magic wembley:

Setlist:

One Vision

Tie Your Mother Down

In the Lap of the Gods

Seven Seas of Rhye

Tear it Up

A Kind of Magic

Under Pressure

Another Ones Bites the Dust

Who Wants to Live Forever

I Want to Break Free

Impromptu

Brighton Rock Solo

Now I’m Here

Love of My Life

Is This the World We Created

(You’re So Square) Baby I Don’t Care

Hello Mary Lou

Tutti Frutti

Gimme Some Lovin’

Bohemian Rhapsody

Hammer to Fall

Crazy Little Thing Called Love/8 Big Spender

Radio Ga Ga

We Will Rock You

Friends Will Be Friends

We are the Champions

God Save the Queen

I thank you!

I even got my hand on Freddie's Yellow Jacket he threw into the audience but some bigger boys took it off me. As we were leaving i saw this really short skinny kid - face beaten to a pulp wearing it and a huge grin! What a confloption!

Setlist:

One Vision

Tie Your Mother Down

In the Lap of the Gods

Seven Seas of Rhye

Tear it Up

A Kind of Magic

Under Pressure

I Want to Break Free

Impromptu

Brighton Rock Solo

Now I’m Here

Love of My Life

Hello Mary Lou

Tutti Frutti

Gimme Some Lovin’

Bohemian Rhapsody

Hammer to Fall

Radio Ga Ga

We Will Rock You

Friends Will Be Friends

We are the Champions

God Save the Queen

I thank you!

I even got my hand on Freddie's Yellow Jacket he threw into the audience but some bigger boys took it off me. As we were leaving i saw this really short skinny kid - face beaten to a pulp wearing it and a huge grin! What a confloption!

You jammy son of a bitch- i am extremely jealous of you now!!!!!!

-NEMESIS-

Setlist:

One Vision

Tie Your Mother Down

In the Lap of the Gods

Seven Seas of Rhye

Tear it Up

A Kind of Magic

Under Pressure

I Want to Break Free

Impromptu

Brighton Rock Solo

Now I’m Here

Love of My Life

Hello Mary Lou

Tutti Frutti

Gimme Some Lovin’

Bohemian Rhapsody

Hammer to Fall

Radio Ga Ga

We Will Rock You

Friends Will Be Friends

We are the Champions

God Save the Queen

I thank you!

You jammy son of a bitch- i am extremely jealous of you now!!!!!!

-NEMESIS-

exactly what i thought! its not fair, i wasnt even born when Queen played wembley, i was 3 when Freddie died. its so not fair.

5co77ie are you on the DVD footage of the concert? or were you there on the friday when it rained so they stopped recording?

Therapy? at the Wolves Civic Hall in 95? 96?

Opened with "Stop it You're Killing Me", into "Trigger Inside".

Not a dull moment and highlights included "Teethgrinder", "Totally Random Man". Ended on "Screamager", then encored opening with "Turn" as I remember, into "Nausea" and ended with "Nowhere" I think.

Great venue. Great band. Great setlist. Pure class.

Funeral For A Friend - Camden Barfly - Aug 2007

Loads of their heavier old stuff <3

Setlist:

10:45 Amsterdam Conversations

Juno/Juneau

Red Is The New Black

The Art Of American Football

This Years Most Open Heartbreak

She Drove Me To Daytime TV

Kiss and Make Up (All bets are off)

Escape Artists Never Die

The End Of Nothing