midnightly

Dream Machine and others

zublogo.jpg

Festival season is almost upon us again - hooray! Time to soak up some great vibes in the green, open fields - how nice it will be to play outside again <_<

Our calendar is starting to fill-up nicely, so I thought I would list all our upcoming gigs in one place - I will update with any confirmations as soon as they arrive (a few more still to come by the looks of it!), so here goes;

April 20th - The Monto Water Rats, King's Cross, London

An exclusive London gig previewing new tracks from our forthcoming album (due in the Summer 2008). Tickets £7 in advance from The Monto

May 4th - Puravida, Gillingham, Dorset

Puravida

purabanner1-1.jpg

A wonderful, "conscious clubbing" weekender, I played here last year with Trancient Dreams. Definitely a different experience to what you might be used to.

May 23rd - New Age at Jack's Club, Crucifix Lane, London Bridge

New Age is a party being thrown by the Venom Crew in association with Liquid Records, who are celebrating the release of their new chilled album "Soul Vibrations II", which features a track from Zubzub and a wealth of other talents, including Capsula, Mirror System and Nagual Sound Experiment. Not to be missed!

May 29th to 1st June - Sunrise Celebration, Yeovil, Somerset

Sunrise Celebration

sunrise-poster_600x849_web-1.jpg

For the third-year running, Zubzub are playing the wonderful Sunrise Celebration in Somerset. Alongside the likes of Eat Static, Zubzub will feature on the Waveform Live Stage. Set-time tbc. You can also catch me playing with Paul Didge on the main stage!

June 6th to June 9th - Wyeside Music Festival, Wyeside, Herefordshire

Wyeside Festival

Zubzub's first appearance at this family-friendly, charitable event, featuring a wealth of local talent and Zubzub headlining along with Dr Alex Paterson of The Orb in the dance tent and Hawkwind headlining the main stage! We're expected to play on Saturday 7th.

June 27th - 29th - Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset

Glastonbury Festival

gl_top_logo.gif

We're delighted to be back at Glastonbury Festival, following our last appearance in 2005. This time see Zubzub taking one of the best stages at the festival - The Glade Stage! We'll be playing around 2.45pm on Sunday 29th 8)

July 5th - Ivy Castle, Guernsey

Zubzub are booked to headline this new party, based at the wonderfully obscure site of Ivy Castle on the isle of Guernsey (note, this replaces our appearance at the Vale Earth Fair in August).

July 11th - The Fawcett Inn, Southsea, Portsmouth

Still one of the best pubs on the South Coast and practically a residency for Zubzub - if you haven't been to see us here, you really should!

July 18th to July 20th - The Glade Festival of Electronic Arts, Reading, Berkshire

Glade Festival

glade01_01.jpg

glade01_02.jpg

The UK's premier electronica festival and famed part of the Glastonbury Festival, Zubzub are delighted to be back again (an unprecedented 4th consecutive booking for Glade!). Last year's disastrous weather meant our gig was cancelled last year, so we're looking forward to making up for it this year. Zubzub will be featured on the fabulous Liquid stage at around 8pm (day tbc).

July 25th to July 27th - The Wickerman Festival, Dundrennan, Scotland

The Wickerman Festival

Wickerlogo.jpg

Scotland's leading and unique alternative festival, Zubzub are proud to be making their debut here. Ozrics played here some years ago, Zubzub return to continue the tradition! Zubzub are playing twice - a full-on psy-set on the Votan Dance stage and also a chill-out set.

Its also worth mentioning that Dream Machine are headlining the Main Stage on Saturday night (just after the burning of the Wickerman) and Champignon will also be playing in the World music tent! How busy are we??!!

August 1st to August 3rd - Offworld, Wiltshire

Offworld

Offworldlogo.jpg

A relatively new, psytrance festival in deepest Wiltshire, previous reports from this event have been nothing but positive, with many citing it as their favourite festival of last year. Zubzub are looking forward to their debut with this crew.

Again, you'll find me playing with Paul Didge at this festie too :wink:

August 2nd - Ed and Jean's Birthday bash, Somerset

A private party appearance for our good friends Ed and Jean (Zappa's Ghost and FanLady) - a stunning line-up featuring Zubzub, Eat Static, Dream Machine, Paul Didge and G-Delic, this promises to be a party they'll never forget!

September 12th to 14th - Waveform Project

Waveform Project

waveform08banner.jpg

Following their main stage debut last year, Zubzub are proud to be back at this fantastic new electronica festival, brought to you by the Sunrise crew.

That's it for now, but there's a few more in the pipeline - watch this space and hope to bimble in to you in a field somewhen 8)

Let's hope for a far better, sunnier Summer this year, eh?

For the third-year running, Zubzub are playing the wonderful Sunrise Celebration in Somerset. Alongside the likes of Eat Static, Zubzub will feature on the Waveform Live Stage. Set-time tbc. You can also catch me playing with Paul Didge on the main stage!

..and for the 3rd year running...I will be there, dancing to ZubZub!!! Can't wait!!!

..and for the 3rd year running...I will be there, dancing to ZubZub!!! Can't wait!!!

Hehe - nice one!!

Update for the Sunrise info - firstly, my gig with Paul Didge is on the Solar Firefly stage, not the main stage! Its 10.30pm on Thursday night (tho, we're also playing the Bimble Inn on Friday at 5pm!)

Zubzub's set is on the Waveform Live stage, supporting Eat Static!!! :-) That's on Sunday at 10pm.

Look forward to seeing you there......(and pray for Sunshine!)

.... and a new ZubZub album, named The Powers That Beeb will be available from 1st August.

Quote from another website:

This album finds the group moving up a gear, both in terms of covering a breadth of new musical ground and being a more focused dancefloor-filler than the previous 2 outings. The new album is also a more band-oriented production, with the current line-up having gelled over the last two-years, through extensive performance on the live circuit - performances that have drawn rave reviews and a solid and cosmopolitan fanbase. "The Powers That Beep" is finding a wide-audience, as it twists and turns its way through a myriad electronica and dance styles, but with the continuity of the distinctive Zubzub vibe and sound weaving it together in to a cohesive whole.

Its available for pre-order now, just visit our profile at www.reverbnation.com/zubzub and click on "Store" for links to retailers where you can order it We hope you enjoy it!

Hiya,

I'm fine, thanks for asking, just very busy with the nipper, he's 10 months old now, and very mobile! :)

We just got back from the Cosmic Puffin, his first proper festival, we all enjoyed it very much. Fingers crossed for good weather at this year's Glastonbury, we want to take him there too.

Hope all is well in the wild wild West! ;)

K

And another Dream Machine gig coming up on 22 May 2009 at DNE, 21-23 Smyth Street, Wakefield

Phone:

Quote:

Psychedelic, progressive rock band Dream Machine play live at the DNE in Wakefield - amazingly, Dream Machine's first gig in Yorkshire.....so catch them while you can! Support is provided by Monster Killed by Laser.

Dream Machine are an exciting instrumental progressive space rock collective, featuring members from various well-known psychedelic groups, such as Ozric Tentacles, Thunderdogs, Here and Now and Zubzub.

Their latest album, "The Castle of a Thousand Universes", was released to wide-acclaim and will be performed on the night, along with some old favourites!