happyness22

top 5 live acts you've seen

No particular order

Athlete hull Adelphi 2003 Had already seen them numerous times before this, but the Adelphi is such a legendary venue, 2 living rooms knocked into one i kid you not....

Simple Minds Sheffield City hall 2003 Best set list I ever saw them play.

U2 Wembley Stadium 1987 possibly the most perfect setlist they have ever done, never went to see them again, as it could not be surpassed

Athlete Orange Tree bar Nottingham 2004ish 200 people in a small Nottingham pub.

Pixies Sheffield Octagon 1989 Just classic, Debaser, Monkey Gone to Heaven etc.....

Just outside

Cult Milton Keynes bowl 1986

Prince Wembley Arena 1986

Prince Wembley Arena 1988

George Michael 1988

These are my favourite gigs, for performance, personal reasons or crowd intereaction not necesarily my favourite groups.

Gary

Hawthorne Heights - Oxford

Funeral For a Friend - Camden, London

Bullet For My Valentine - Wolverhampton

Drop Dead Gorgeous - Birmingham

Silverstein - Birmingham

5 that jump into my head in no particular order:

Rage against the machine

Massive Attack

The Strokes

Of Montreal

The Rapture

a couple of others would be QOTSA (were totally insane just after they released rated r), Zero 7 and Bloc party

Muse at wembley 2007

chris cornell at rock city 2007

faithless at glasto 2002

tool at Nottingham arena 2007

them crooked vultures at brum academy 2009

just outside, prodigy in manc last year, nin at Brixton 2005, blur at glasto last year, beatsteaks at underworld in Camden 2008.

God a real Sophie's Choice moment! Mine would have to be:

Hole - Brixton Academy - I think it was 1999 when they were touring Celebrity Skin. My feet didn't touch the ground going home. They just blew me away. Best gig ever!!

Depeche Mode - Wembley Arena - I waited a LONG time for that gig, they were the first band to play at the new venue. They were far better here than they were at the O2.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Meltdown at Southbank - 2006? Never seen or heard of them before, just captivating : ) I was sat next to fans who'd flown in from Germany and France specially and were desperately excited and told me what all the songs were. That was so sweet.

Ed Harcourt - St James Church on The Beautiful Lie tour - stunning venue and fantastic support sets from Hush The Many and The Tiny, just a really great night. Ed is consistently great.

Echo and The Bunnymen at the V Festival 2006? - It was a really personal moment for me because I'd never got to go to gigs in my teens as my parents were so strict so seeing a band I'd loved and missed out on for the first time just bought that all back. I might even have shed a tear or two for the 15 year old inside me..can't remember much about the set but i'll never forget how i was feeling...

vs

Hush The Many - Kentish Town, - A band I saw many, many times - just beautiful and incandescent live - this was a great gig, great crowd and everything hung around for ages afterwards to chat and mingle. Lovely. :rolleyes:

1.Muse

2. The Walkmen

3. Guillemots

4. British Sea Power

5. Alabama 3 at glasto.

I can totally see why BSP are in your list. I saw them play at the End of the Road festival in 2006 and the last 15mins was just chaos and leaves and dancers and music, mental but awesome at the same time. Never seen a band like them in that respect. :rolleyes: