Bruce

Biggest live disappointments?

White Stripes at Glasto last year just didnt really do it for me, all a bit same-y, coupled with Jack's new discovery of voice effects made for a pretty middle of the road set.

The All American Rejects at reading were pretty poor, and agree with the oasis comments, sound great but just seem to be going through the motions rather than really enjoying it.

And Blink at reading a few years back, while their personalities to make for a funny show, Tom really cannot sing live.

i agree with White Stripes at glasto, it was a very 'for the fans' set if you know what i mean. there wasnt anything to get everyone moving (apart from seven nation army, as thats the only song i know and liked) plus the fact that for some reason he let Meg sing some crap song... twice! that sucked. and i had some mad white stripes fan leaning on me singing all the f*cking words to every song in my ear

and i was really disapointed when i saw Blink 182 on the last tour, they just seem to have lost all the energy that they seemed to have on mark tom n travis show. they wernt even funny. it shattered an illusion from my teen pop-punk years

I know i will probably get shot for saying this but James Brown was a big disappointment to me saw him at Live 8 cause every song he done he dragged it out and just killed it half way through his set i was praying for him to lose his voice and shut up

David Gray - I was soo bored it was unbelivable.

David Gray - I was soo bored it was unbelivable.

surely you must have expected that!

surely you must have expected that!

I was waiting for him to cover some Slipknot. That might have made it a bit more interesting.

I love em but the Chillis are always a disappointment o see live. Not Flea, and the other musicians really, just Antony Keidis. Though he is sounding better these days.... less drugs, more coaching, I dunno.

Stereophonics Hull Ice Arena a few weeks after sacking Stuart Cable, don't think the band where bothered at all, just appalling, no interaction with audience, poor quality sound, just woefull.

Gary

Guest alex_nicholson

pendulum, the dj set was fine.

but the band were a complete let down. bad setlist, worse "mc"

Manic Street Preachers at the IW festival in 2004 - you could have put a CD player in front of the mic for all the energy in the performance.

Taking Back Sunday - Sonisphere @ Knebworth UK.

I like a lot of their songs, but they were weak live. I'm not sure if the main guy had a bad throat, there were issues with the sound setup or they just aren't that great at a festival.

Lol for me it was Moby back in 1996 or 1997? I was desperately excited about this gig after his ambient loveliness of Everthing is Wrong and the gig was THRASH METAL!! It was during his doomed Animal Rights album release. I think that was what the album was called. I could have cried. The supports all sucked too. I was gutted. My friends who came along out of curiousity and liked a bit of metal enjoyed that gig far more than I did, and still bring it up to rib me.. x :rolleyes: