Sign in to follow this  
CC001

Opinions required – Make Model

Hi guys, wondered if you could help me out by giving me your opinion on Make Model. They’re a band making waves in their native Glasgow, but their sound is pretty tough to pin down: they were described on NME.com as ‘a bunch of genius folk bastards’ whilst Gigwise has them down as ‘a big shiny, thumping pop band of the highest order’. They’ve performed alongside the likes of Franz Ferdinand & Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah and have a series of gigs over the summer, including Thursday 2nd Aug @ Cabaret Voltaire, Edinburgh and Friday 3rd Aug @ Barfly Glasgow.

Anyhow, would really like to know how you would describe them, in fact in return for your views I can offer you a free download of their single ‘Glasgow’s #1 Most Wanted’, just click the banner below & follow the instructions at the bottom of the page (you can also hear more tracks on the music player in the top right).

1506.jpg

Over on our sister site eFestivals, one reviewer has said:

"Over on the main stage we have Make Model, from the seemingly never-ending production line of Arcade Fire sound a likes. They just don’t do it for me I’m afraid, the little girl fronting the band just seems to shout aimlessly whenever she feels like it.

We've yet to cover them on eGigs, but as we have quite a few reviews of new up and coming Scottish bands, I expect we will soon.