• The Thelka
    • The Louisiana
    • Colston Hall
    • The Depot
    • Bierkeller
    • Blue Mountain Club
    • The Prom
    • Other

Just wandering where everyone thinks is the best music venue in Brizzle...?

remember the bierkeller was ok yers ago,the acadamy also but aint been to either for yers .

colston hall avoid tho no atmosphere at all well dated

Indeed, I remember the Bierkeller being good when I was younger, but recently I;ve only been to the Academy and Colston Hall - and I know which one I'd choose out of those! ;)

Academy is a terrible venue, the sound is awful, the drinks are overpriced and watered down, and the staff are at best nonchalant, at worst, rude. It's a real pity that they are the only venue in Bristol that can accommodate a large amount of people (other than oceana or syndicate!) .... it gets a bit fat MEH from me

Bristol Academy isn't too bad, but I can relate to what discofishgogrrr is saying. My local is Birmingham Academy though, which I prefer..

nothing beats The Louisiana for venues in Bristol, after that it would have to be The Thekla as next of the mainstream ones, but after those two there are loads of smaller venues worthy of a mention - like St Bonnies, St Georges Hall, The Cube, Arnolfini even The Cooler is OK for gigs now.

The Academy and Colston Hall however are both soul-less, and at the Colston Hall you cannot even take a drink in. The Anson Rooms at the Uni is also rubbish, it's basically just a gymnasium with a stage.