Sign in to follow this  
kumback

Enter Shikari

I saw Enter Shikari at a Virgin In-Store performance this week in Manchester & it was carnage! One bouncer suffered concussion & another got broken ribs.

Am going to see them tonight at Manchester Academy 2 & can't wait to see how mad that gets.

To be honest - they're disappointing live! Seen them in a really intimate 180 capacity venue later on last year, and they bored me a bit - the emo/metal kids down the front seemed to like it, but the rest of us were just wondering what the hype was about.

Maybe they've gotten better, but even in the smallest of places, it didn't sound very good!

Erm, can I be the first to ask what the fuss is all about? Dance-metal? FFS I can't think of anything I'd rather hear less of, apart from a vocal harmony group made up totally of Geri Halliwell clones.

The band I work with had their EP done at the same studio ES recorded their album, not exactly Kudos I know :)

Are they any good? Does the demo sound any good? It may be that the studio is shit, is all I'm thinking.

Yeah their crowds are pretty mental/exciting. It's nice to see a crowd not afraid to get blooded again after mosh pits went all girly image and ironed shirts.

Edited by 5co77ie

When I saw The Subways last year, the crowd were stupidly up for it. This was the wildest crowd I've seen in a good few years. It was quite funny to see all the local 'hard-cases' piling into the pit just before the band came on. They didn't last five minutes before they were pouring out in their droves.

It was a weird pit, in that everyone who knew how that sort of thing works was fine, but those who just thought it was a free for all were really caught by surprise. The craziness of it, given the pretty placid nature of the band, did shock me a little, I must admit. It was damn good fun though.

Are they any good? Does the demo sound any good? It may be that the studio is shit, is all I'm thinking.

Hello Wembley (the band I work with - see link below) aren't everyones cup of tea, but the recordings were excellent so it's defo not the studio. ES really are SHIT!!

But is it possible to have a band whose fans are more entertaining than the band?

But is it possible to have a band whose fans are more entertaining than the band?

Never actually seen them live, but after this statement I may have to take a look if I see them on a festi bill this summer

seen them at Give it a name very unimpressed liked them when a fist heard them but a suppose thier novelty has worn off, theyve played in ma home town a couple times not heard good reviews n the guy who orginized it said they were stuck up n this was before they were in the lime light