Sign in to follow this  
5co77ie

Bloc Party - awesome!

Wow! Awesome gig last night - headliners Glasto main stage next year for certain! Top 5 gig of all time and I've seen a fair few. However more worrying was Matt's health post the gig - he looked totalled after drumming through a terrific set - I found this this morning - so see them while you can!

click

Bloc Party Forced To Cancel Uk Tour?.

10th February 2007 08:01:01

Bloc Party Forced To Cancel Uk Tour?.... British rockers Bloc Party could be forced to disappoint fans on their current UK tour due to drummer Matt Tong's ongoing life-threatening respiratory condition.

The So Here We Are stars cancelled a series of gigs supporting Panic At The Disco in the US after Tong suffered a collapsed lung in November (06), and frontman Kele Okereke admits the band are searching for a stand-in musician in case Tong falls ill again.

He says, "It was a frightening moment, and the most worrying thing is there is a high chance it might occur again so we have to find a replacement for parts of the tour.

"We are keeping an eye on him and we have given up smoking, so thank goodness for that."

I doubt short of Neil Peart anyone could replace him!

I've bought tickets for the next tour.

Went to see them last night. Absolutely incredible. Matt's health seemed to be on the up. He looked quite perky and even did a dj set after the gig. Hopefully he's getting better.

Was anyone else who has seen this tour surprised at how little they played their new stuff? The Newcastle gig comprised of about 2/3rds 'Silent Alarm'.

oh really we got from 9.15pm until 10.30 and most of the new album plus the best bits off Silent Alarm - maybe Matt is finding the drumming on the new stuff too demanding.