ohnonotnow

Bands for 2007

Well bands breaking big is a no brainer: Klaxons, Fields, Metric, Howling Bells and The Noisettes.

New bands - now that's more tricky for me as I've been out of the music scene a bit this winter.

Jamie T, his Mrs - Laura, Grinderman and The View if you don't think they have already i guess.

New Puritans

Gruff Rhys

Tokyo Police Club

Good Shoes

I Was A Cub Scout

Die Princess Die

The Foals

Los Campesinos!

Suburban Kids

Winter Kids

The Strange Death of liberal England

Youngplan

Farewell Finito

Answering Machine

Trans Am

Explosions In The Sky

The Secret Show

And Arcade Fire and Bloc Party will stride the world like colossi!

...not that I'm likely to see any of them this year - with no Reading Festival on the cards. But possibly a good few will play the smaller stages at Glastonbury.

I never really understand this - if you knew the bands were good this year then surely they're this years new bands. Next year's bands will be next year's bands. No?

i term a new band to be a band without a record release yet - although EPs don't count. The 'break big' band tag applies to those stepping up from the pages of NME to getting coverage on Radio 1 and 2.

Won't The Gossip be huge, or is that last year?

YO CHOMSKY!

is where it's at

www.myspace.com/yochomsky

heard it here first..

Any more spamming and you're banned ;=)

Hot Nottingham rave romantics and quite possibly 'The Future'.

Id follow alex's advice- he is usually spot on with predicting the success of bands.... so i might have to check his selection out...

Cheers

-Luke-

Id follow alex's advice- he is usually spot on with predicting the success of bands.... so i might have to check his selection out...

Cheers

-Luke-

That's cos he usually has his finger stuffed up some rather important pie - in this case he even baked it himself.

I think its about time Madrugada hit the big time here. I think their only following in this country is people from Birmingham. Everyone who I have introduced them to has instantly fell in love with them. They are one of the biggest bands in Norway and fill stadiums, yet can't sell out a pub in Camden. Really worth checking them out.

http://www.emi.no/madrugada/

The track that plays on their website is not a typical representation of them, but yeah.

Find some of their stuff to listen to somewhere.

I think its about time Madrugada hit the big time here. I think their only following in this country is people from Birmingham. Everyone who I have introduced them to has instantly fell in love with them. They are one of the biggest bands in Norway and fill stadiums, yet can't sell out a pub in Camden. Really worth checking them out.

http://www.emi.no/madrugada/

The track that plays on their website is not a typical representation of them, but yeah.

Find some of their stuff to listen to somewhere.

It's about time a lot of bands got big - but that doesn't mean they're going to.

guitar indie bands are about to become less popular -and chart topping - the problem is that indie kids have already moved away from the indie scene as it is currently popular when the wind changes - they're really gonna struggle for an audience.

It's about time a lot of bands got big - but that doesn't mean they're going to.

Yeah, but they are already so big there, I don't understand why not here. I don't think they would have to try very much to get even a small fanbase. Just get some air time on the radio or MTV.

Most bands don't tend to launch at this time. Just Jack and The Gossip making a comeback was a surprise - I'm wondering if IOW and Rolling Stones will generate a whole rock phenomenom. I'd like to see ska make a revival in the summer ushered in by Madness. I see these growing by Christmas:

Bat for Lashes

Battles

Emily Haines

Black Lips

Los Campesinos

New Young Pony Club

The Hours

Lavender Diamond

Louie

The Needles

Richard Swift

Switches