speedyscott

Smoking in Venues

I don't think I could go to an english gig now. I've got so used to the no smoking policy that operates in Scotland. I really thought I'd miss the vibe you get in dark smokey venues but thats just not the case. I wondered what everyone else thinks about smoking in venues?

When is the smoking ban? What are us smokers supposed to do. Smoking is all part of the gig culture - who goes to a gig and doesn't expect their clothes to stink of smoke. All this means is that there are gonna be really smokey toilets and the entrances to venues will be crowded.

Ha funny at Scissor Sisters yesterday - 8000 in the venue - well 3000 outside havin a fag. :lol:

Ha funny at Scissor Sisters yesterday - 8000 in the venue - well 3000 outside havin a fag. :unsure:

3000 people - having a fag - scissor sisters gig - anyone see a politically incorrect joke here?? No? Just me then.

Hi,

I think the smoking ban is a good idea- im sick of drunken smokers not watching what they do with their fags and end up burning holes in my clothes- they dont even say sorry half of the time! And not only that but i prefer clean air and I am looking forward to the ban being imposed- however i do feel that they should have possibly a special section or something so that smokers can light up without missing the gig!!

cheers

-NEMESIS-

Hi,

I think the smoking ban is a good idea- im sick of drunken smokers not watching what they do with their fags and end up burning holes in my clothes- they dont even say sorry half of the time! And not only that but i prefer clean air and I am looking forward to the ban being imposed- however i do feel that they should have possibly a special section or something so that smokers can light up without missing the gig!!

cheers

-NEMESIS-

I was watching Moby about a year or so ago and someone from the balcony dropped the burning ash bit from a fag down my back. That pissed me off - we dont get any of that now.

It's a pain in the arse especially if the venue does not even allow you to go out for a smoke ie the SECC or the Carling Glasgow...

Still dont stop people lighting up, especially in the SECC

Yeah with a venue that big it doesn't seem to have much affect. Which annoys me. They really should let people out these days now there is a no smoking ban.

When is the smoking ban? What are us smokers supposed to do.

last a few hours by not having a cigarette? But I don't know how long people can last without having one.

I don't like people smoking at gigs especially when its hot and you need some air but all you can breathe in is smoke

last a few hours by not having a cigarette? But I don't know how long people can last without having one.

I don't like people smoking at gigs especially when its hot and you need some air but all you can breathe in is smoke

As much as I prefer no smoking to smoking, there's something great about smokey little venues. It's kinda part of the atmosphere these days.

Another time where you feel incredibly guilty for being a smoker. I am a considerate one, who does not smoke in the pit, blows the smoke up above peoples heads etc. I don't like cig burns as much as the next person, and cigs put in you're face. They should have a seperate space for smokers to stand and see the gig, but that costs 'em money which they don't have/won't spend (until they get fined too much for litter outside the venue).

Im looking foward too it. It really annoys me, as everyone else has pointed out, having to dodge lit fags all around the place. And the smells sucks too. Though it depends on the band i can see a lot of the hevery shows with livlery pits starting to absolutly stink. The smell of the pit at Reading (and the smell of the bit just outside the arena) sometimes makes me gag and i can see it getting to a simmilar level if theres no fag smoke to cover up the smell.