One Little Fish

Best cheap gig you've attended?

Your top three please.

Here's mine:

3 - The Subways (+Alamos, Sucioperro), Dundee Westport Bar, April (?) 2005, £6

The day after the release of "Oh Yeah", was a tiny 200 capacity venue, right at the very front, no barrier, stage is a foot high, literally about a foot and a half away from Charlotte. Great set, and sneaked up and seen the soundcheck consisting of all the singles and some album tracks with 6-7 people in the room. Got to love shit security (Yeah, we're with the support band). Sucioperro opened, were awesome, Alamos were second, they were god awful.

2 - Shitdisco (+State of Affairs, Trash Superstar), £6 (I think), Dundee Reading Rooms, April 2006

A hell of a gig. Most people were dancing really badly, great fun. Opening band State of Affairs were great too, shame about Trash Superstar. At least they're honest about themselves.

1 - The Zico Chain (+ Pheonix For The Flame, State of Affairs), £4, Arbroath Viewfield, April 2006

I've never, ever seen a venue react for a small band they way they did, about halfway through the first song (the single Rohypnol), literally every single person was jumping or moshing or dancing non-stop, stupidly loud, the band just got better and better as the crowd cheered louder, afterwards they spent ages chatting to the fans, words cannot describe how good it was. Had seen them supporting Nine Black Alps before, thought they were very good, but then seen this, and I'm convinced that they're going to end up in arenas. Unbelievably good.

Not sure about cheap ones.

Went to see Faithless, Thirteen Senses, Razorlight and El Presidente for FREE a few years back. That was cool. And Travis did a show for charity that only cost me 2 quid to get into.

Hi,

I got to see Stereophonic in 1997- for £3 in Nottingham!! How cool is that!!! Pity they are crap now- I probably wouldnt pay £1 to see them now days!!

-NEMESIS-

They do one bad album and everyone hates them. The last album was great.

They do one bad album and everyone hates them. The last album was great.

Hi Ukgigfreak,

lets just see if we are on the same wavelength- which album do you think was bad? Just want to see if it matches the album that really put me off Stereophonics...

cheers

-NEMESIS-

Hi Ukgigfreak,

lets just see if we are on the same wavelength- which album do you think was bad? Just want to see if it matches the album that really put me off Stereophonics...

cheers

-NEMESIS-

Word Gets Around - quality

Performance and cocktails - quality

Just enough education to perform - crap grandad rock

You gotta go there to come back - not bad, bit long in the tooth

Sex, Language, Violence, Other - quality

Word Gets Around - quality

Performance and cocktails - quality

Just enough education to perform - crap grandad rock

You gotta go there to come back - not bad, bit long in the tooth

Sex, Language, Violence, Other - quality

Hi Ukgigfreak,

I'd agree totally with that!!! It was J.E.E.P that really put me off!!

cheers

-NEMESIS-

Best cheap one was King Prawn in Eddies. It was less than a fiver. The band were really amazing. I think they have broken up now, and Eddies burnt down the other week, so I cant imagine that ill be seeing them there again.

Any gig pre about 1990 - U2, Alarm, Dogs D'Amour, Ozrics, Hawkwind, Gong, Levitation, Chumbawamba, Culture Shock, Meteors.. i have loads.

Maximo Park, for a fiver, last Friday...

http://www.egigs.co.uk/index.php?a=11482

That gig was only a fiver? maximo park have gone up in my books!

Hmm good thread made think for a whilst, ok here goes

Pre 1991

Janes Addiction Sheffield Leadmill

Dinosaur jr Leadmill

Rapeman AKA Steve Albini Leeds Uni maassive student demos trying to get gig cancelled due to glorifying rape, well controversial!!!

Pixies Sheffield Octagon

Jesus & Mary Chain Sheffield Octagon

The Cross Sheffield Poly Roger Taylor from Queen band project

Bon Jovi Sheffield City hall can't remember whether this was £5 or £10 just before living on a prayer came out

Then Jericho Sheffield Poly

This century

Athlete Hull Adelphi

Athlete Nottingham Orange Tree Bar, had to buy the album to get 2 tickets, limited to just 200

Starsailor London ULU competition prize for exclusive gig

Starsailor Hull Uni

Simple Minds Royal albert Hall, bought 4 tickets of tout for 3rd row seats for a tenner :P

Oscar & Simon from Ocean Colour Scene Silhouettes Hull Paid the door man a fiver each to let us in sold out gig

Human League Grimsby Auditorium, went to hang around for meet & greet, just walked into the stalls :lol:

Must be more but old brain playing hard to remember.

Gary