• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

Muse at wembley 2007
chris cornell at rock city 2007
faithless at glasto 2002
tool at Nottingham arena 2007
them crooked vultures at brum academy 2009

just outside, prodigy in manc last year, nin at Brixton 2005, blur at glasto last year, beatsteaks at underworld in Camden 2008.

#84 Yasmin Selena

Yasmin Selena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

God a real Sophie's Choice moment! Mine would have to be:

Hole - Brixton Academy - I think it was 1999 when they were touring Celebrity Skin. My feet didn't touch the ground going home. They just blew me away. Best gig ever!!

Depeche Mode - Wembley Arena - I waited a LONG time for that gig, they were the first band to play at the new venue. They were far better here than they were at the O2.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Meltdown at Southbank - 2006? Never seen or heard of them before, just captivating : ) I was sat next to fans who'd flown in from Germany and France specially and were desperately excited and told me what all the songs were. That was so sweet.

Ed Harcourt - St James Church on The Beautiful Lie tour - stunning venue and fantastic support sets from Hush The Many and The Tiny, just a really great night. Ed is consistently great.

Echo and The Bunnymen at the V Festival 2006? - It was a really personal moment for me because I'd never got to go to gigs in my teens as my parents were so strict so seeing a band I'd loved and missed out on for the first time just bought that all back. I might even have shed a tear or two for the 15 year old inside me..can't remember much about the set but i'll never forget how i was feeling...
vs

Hush The Many - Kentish Town, - A band I saw many, many times - just beautiful and incandescent live - this was a great gig, great crowd and everything hung around for ages afterwards to chat and mingle. Lovely. :rolleyes:

#85 Yasmin Selena

Yasmin Selena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

1.Muse
2. The Walkmen
3. Guillemots
4. British Sea Power
5. Alabama 3 at glasto.

I can totally see why BSP are in your list. I saw them play at the End of the Road festival in 2006 and the last 15mins was just chaos and leaves and dancers and music, mental but awesome at the same time. Never seen a band like them in that respect. :rolleyes:

#86 koreema

koreema

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

For me Colin Stetson has to be up there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users