#1 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:25 PM

eGigs is just starting out ....

if you have an idea on how to make this website better, please post your suggestions, and the best *will* be incorporated into this website.

There are many features to still be added - to help you get the best from this site - over the next couple of weeks, and so it could be that things you suggest are already planned.

#2 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:01 PM

Meanwhile, you can help this site get started. The database of venues needs to be built up, to be a complete list of UK venues. So, if you'd like to help us by submitting details of any venues, then you can do that here.

#3 Haggis

Haggis

• reviewers
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:45 AM

Hi Neil,

You've been going a while now, and I wonder if you feel you need all the regional venue boards. I think they might make the board look a bit too cumbersome, and perhaps daunting to new users, and i wonder if it might seem better if they were simply in a merged 'venues' thread?

What does everyone else think?

#4 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:50 PM

yeah, it's something that I've considered doing.

Perhaps the way to do it would be to put them as subforums of a main "venues" forums (in the same way that Glasto has sub forums on the festivals boards)? What do peeps think?

Also, I guess if I were to do that, it might be an idea to further split out the bands forums, so there's few letters used for each forum? What do peeps think?

#5 mykeff

mykeff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:39 PM

Like it.

#6 andersj

andersj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:59 AM

yeah sounds good.
better anyway :D

#7 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:54 AM

OK, now done.

BTW, if i've missed moving any of the threads into the righty letter forum, please let me know.

#8 cidy

cidy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

hi neil

how about a sticky for accomodation suggestions.
seen as public transport rubbish for gigs nowadays a lot of people forced to shell out for a nights accomodation :)

so would be helpful if people could list where they stayed after a gig
hotel, b+b etc.

a couple of reccomendations from me are
the thistle hotel in birmingham ,about a 15 min walk to the acadamy.

the grantly hotel shepherd bush london ,right opposite the empire ,also loads of takeaways handy for ya after gig munchies :(

both fairly priced imho ,worked out at 35 quid each for a twin room if my memorys correct.

cidy

#9 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:44 AM

great idea to post the info - but surely it can be posted into the Venues forums? I'm not sure it needs its own area.

#10 cidy

cidy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

but that forum just says venues ,so how would people know to put where they stayed after gig.

maybe if it became venues and accomadation for e.g

cheers
cidy

#11 DanDeg

DanDeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

It'd be much easier if eGigs listed which actual venue bands play at in Manchester, rather than the whole "Academy 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Manchester University), Manchester".

#12 5co77ie

5co77ie

guaranteed gigging

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:Festivals, listening to drummers playing live! Hawkwind, food and fine wine!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

It'd be much easier if eGigs listed which actual venue bands play at in Manchester, rather than the whole "Academy 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Manchester University), Manchester".

The problem with that is that the tour information I get very often doesn't split it down into the specific one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users