happyness22

top 5 live acts you've seen

1) iron maiden (hammersmith show for Clive Burr MS fund, september 2005)

2) DIO - Manchester academy October 2005

3) AC/DC Milton Keynes 8th June 2001

4) Whitesnake Manchester October 2004

5) Iron maiden - Sheffield Arena (dance of death tour)

Changes like the weather but probably:-

1. Muse

2. Faithless

3. Emiliana Torrini

4. JJ72

5. Manic Street Preachers

worst:

Inspiral Carpets

Hair & Skin Trading Company

It may have taken me 18 months to have a look at the egigs forum, but even after all this time I had to register to laugh at Bruce for being afool. Fool I tell ya.

Hair & Skin Trading Co were a quality act! I think I first saw them supporting Cop Shoot Cop who were hawking around their first album in miniscule venues and they were so good I stole the T-shirt. I went to see a good few piss-poor bands (most notably Silverfish, who really were poo) on the strength of the fact that H&ST Co were supporting. Seem to remember a couple of excellent festival appearances though, but those weekends are a bit of a blur now.

Fool.

But thanks for reminding me of them, I havn't thought about them for ages. Might have to go out and buy a new copy of Jo in Nine G Hell now, my old one got stolen in a robbery by some rectum that would never listen to it and probably never be able to sell it, i'm quite likely to be the only person that still wants it!

Bugger.

Now that i'm replying in here, i'm going to have to think of my own list aren't I?

Bugger.

OK, I can't do "in order", i'm not even sure I can do accurate! Some of the best things i've ever seen i've forgotten all the details of by the end of the encore due to various picklings, not really the long term value for money that one might hope.

Pixies (Reading festival 1989ish)

Spiritualised (Manchester Hacienda 1996ish)

Bowie (Manchester Accademy 1998ish)

Jane's Addiction (Manchester International 1988ish)

Mark Burgess (Manchester Britons Protection 1995ish)

I realise that I look like a bit of a pathetic old git since the most recent entry is in the last century. I initially started by thinking that the Flaming Lips last week were an easy one but i'd have trouble picking the other four. I'd completely forgotten about loads of things until I started thinking about it, i'd even forgotten about most of the venues, at least one of those above is a family run supermarket now. Corner of Anson Rd and Dickinson Rd, you can't miss it.

Some I loved at the time but are now too embarrasing to admit to. I mean, I must have seen Fields of the Nephilim 14 times in different venues accross the north, but can you imagine ever saying such a thing in public? Even on an arse-end of the internet message board you can't say a thing like that with your head held high. At least you'll never know that I was even sad enough to sleep in coach stations in some of the roughest of feck yorkshire/other hell holes just so that I could watch a sad pantomime goth band play their way through the exact same set that I had seen them play the night before in a different shitty town. But something must have drawn me there, I was stupid but not an idiot. No, some parts you edit for appearances sake.

As you can probably tell, I have work that i'm avoiding.

1) iron maiden (hammersmith show for Clive Burr MS fund, september 2005)

2) DIO - Manchester academy October 2005

3) AC/DC Milton Keynes 8th June 2001

4) Whitesnake Manchester October 2004

5) Iron maiden - Sheffield Arena (dance of death tour)

I like the sound of you dude :) ace taste. Seeing whitesnake next month and maiden in december, at long last...

anyway for me:

1) Alice Cooper - Probably Monsters of Rock(june 3rd 2006) but he was also good when I saw him in november

closely followed by

2) motley crue - june 18th 2005

3) Ted Nugent(partly due to his maddness) - mor june 3rd

4)Motorhead - november 3rd 2005

5)Thunder - mor june 3rd

First post!

1/2. Muse/Radiohead (I cant decide)

3. Green Day (Milton Keynes 18th June 04 wowweee)

4. Gomez (Liverpool Carling academy last time they played there)

5. The Who (Oxegen 06)

Metallica (Milton Keynes 93)

David Bowie (Manchester 2003)

Michael Jackson (1997)

Tina Turner

Iron Maiden

Although picking just five is difficult!!!!

cheers

-NEMESIS-

Tina bloody Turner? Have you only ever been to 5 gigs? Tina Bloody Turner. Honestly, some people have no taste.

Tina bloody Turner? Have you only ever been to 5 gigs? Tina Bloody Turner. Honestly, some people have no taste.

Hi Ukgigfreak,

lol, I have seen over 1000 acts- and so id like to think i have a very good frame of reference- sure tina turner might not be your cup of tea- but when i think of the top five gigs- for whatever reason she immediately pops into my mind. It was difficult to pick just five- but I just went with the five gigs that spring immediately into mind.

I do find it amusing how someone can criticise an act that they have never seen live though :unsure:

cheers

-NEMESIS-

I do find it amusing how someone can criticise an act that they have never seen live though :unsure:

I find it more amusing that you can say that when you have no idea whether or not I've seen Tina Turner live.

Hi Ukgigfreak,

fair point! Have you seen her live?

cheers

-NEMESIS-

Were you watching Tina Turner out of choice in the first place?

Hi Speedy,

yes it was out of choice- and I can safely say she is a brilliant performer!!

-NEMESIS-

Well I have heard someone say she's simply the best.

Gonna bump this off, and I think I'll have to say that, overall, my top my are:

1) Iron Maiden (4 times)

2) Muse (3 times)

3) Metallica (twice)

4) R.E.M. (once)

5) Machine Head (once)