Bruce

Biggest live disappointments?

lost prophets leeds '04 were quite bad cos of the fact that i couldnt hear them.....even though i was pretty close i was stood at the side of the stage which although is where the speakers are i think the microphones were going off....

they wer actually very good though apart form that hitch

hmm lostprophets at leeds, i have to admit i was disappointed with this performance, having seen them play exceptionally better on 3 occasions in the past year. But would still have been a grand show for someone who had never seen them before

Biggest live disappointment - Coheed and Cambria, they missed out tonnes of words, it was as if he was strugling for breath.

conor probably wasn't drunk enough.

i hope to god he isn't a let down next month...

conor probably wasn't drunk enough.

i hope to god he isn't a let down next month...

me too for the sake of you :)

I couldn't really think of anyone who sounded bad live but I was disappointed at Modest Mouse at Leeds 2004. They came on really late and ended playing very few songs :D I'd been looking forward to them for ages

me too for the sake of you  :)

I couldn't really think of anyone who sounded bad live but I was disappointed at Modest Mouse at Leeds 2004. They came on really late and ended playing very few songs  :D  I'd been looking forward to them for ages

Yeah they were crap at Reading too

Franz Ferdinand have been really unimpressive the two times I've seen them.

White Stripes are exactly the same. Bands like really struggle to get the crowd going yet they get raved about all the time for being great live acts.

If you want some awesome live acts check out Mad Caddies and Flogging Molly where the whole place just has a great time.

Oasis, Kings of Leon at Glasto (They did nothing wrong, just too small for a crowd + stage so big.)

I would have to agree with that, Oasis at Glasto last year were very dull, I wandered off and found Spiritualized in the new bands tent, who were joyous

Anyway the biggest disappointment had to be white stripes i must say they were realy dull. :lol:

I saw the White Stripes at Reading and they were dull, I just don't think they have much stage presence.

I have to say I was a little disappointed with the killers, saw em at Glasto and Reading this year and although they played their songs well they just didn't make much of a show of it IMO.

think the white stripes are getting too much stick here, saw them on thursday and was overwhelmed. They are smart to stick to venues like manc apollo and blackpool empress ballroom, because although they sell out very quickly, they are the right size venue for the band.

totally disagree.

the vines arent great musically but i've seen them 3 times and had a grand ole time at every one. i think they are good fun.

i think the white stripes are amazing live. 4 times and never been let down. i dont think they really got the crowd going at leeds this year (at least not where i was) as they maybe made a wrong decision playing loads from their first two albums, but i loved it and heard some of my favourites that i havent seen live before.

think the white stripes are getting too much stick here, saw them on thursday and was overwhelmed. They are smart to stick to venues like manc apollo and blackpool empress ballroom, because although they sell out very quickly, they are the right size venue for the band.

Have seen them 6 times and I agree that The White Stripes do come over better in a smaller venue rather than the Arenas and Festis, the atmosphere is so much better for their style of music, they blew the roof off at their gig at Manc Apollo t'other week :rolleyes:

I think the Strokes have made a also good decision to stick to smaller venues on their latest tour

Alabama 3 - they were so off their faces, one couldn't stand and was seated for the whole gig and the other danced weirdly and kept interupting the one sitting down with pointless ad-libs. Fucking awful compared to when I first seen them when they were great.

Kings of Leon - just have no stage presence.

The Libertines - just wasn't a good gig musically at all.

i saw the FLaming Lips one year at T in the Park, hurrendous. They had meant to be playing one of the tents if i remember correctly but then the White Stripes pulled out so F.Lips got put on as a replacement as the band before the headliner. I cant even remember who the headliner was now apart from i really wanted to see them( :o ) other wise i would have left!

i saw the FLaming Lips one year at T in the Park, hurrendous. They had meant to be playing one of the tents if i remember correctly but then the White Stripes pulled out so F.Lips got put on as a replacement as the band before the headliner. I cant even remember who the headliner was now apart from i really wanted to see them( :) ) other wise i would have left!

How can you replace the White Stripes with the Flaming Lips!? :D

White Stripes at Glasto last year just didnt really do it for me, all a bit same-y, coupled with Jack's new discovery of voice effects made for a pretty middle of the road set.

The All American Rejects at reading were pretty poor, and agree with the oasis comments, sound great but just seem to be going through the motions rather than really enjoying it.

And Blink at reading a few years back, while their personalities to make for a funny show, Tom really cannot sing live.

The La's on their re-union tour last year. I've been a huge La's fan for many years and after hearing rumour after rumour I never thought i'd get the chance to see them. When it came it just wasn't very good at all. Lee Mavers looked like he didn't want to be there, the band sounded flat & they were using amps which looked like the sort you could buy from Argos.

Tricky when he had really lost the plot a few years back.

He used to be a class live act but just spent the entire time in pitch darkness screaming his lungs out. It was like watching a nervous breakdown with subtitles.

Only time I can remember ever walking out of a gig.