9 posts in this topic

It closed down in the middle of 2003.. The site was sold for housing, so there won't be any more concerts.

Anschutz (AEG - former owners of the arena) are planning to turn the dome into a 22,000 seat replacement arena for sports + music.

It closed down in the middle of 2003.. The site was sold for housing, so there won't be any more concerts.

Anschutz (AEG - former owners of the arena) are planning to turn the dome into a 22,000 seat replacement arena for sports + music.

oh lucky us, something else to waste money on

oh lucky us, something else to waste money on

too right, another faceless cavernous vacuole of a venue.

We should campaign for Wembley Arena to be bulldozed too :unsure:

saying that when i went to the first Kerrang Game On at the dome i gotta say its one of the best things ive been too! It was a great weekend and i found some great new bands too! the little stage they had just on the outside of it was brilliant! Most enjoyable but then to totally contradict what ive just said.... i went to the Ministry of Sound Millenium party there (dont ask) and the place just echoed the whole time it was just empty even thought there were thousands inside the place, so off the back of that ermmmm ive gone cross-eyed!

too right, another faceless cavernous vacuole of a venue.

We should campaign for Wembley Arena to be bulldozed too  :)

your prayers are being answered, going to be refurbed next year!

your prayers are being answered, going to be refurbed next year!

It needs to be, with more character. Although that will always be tough for a venue with such a wide variety of events held there.

I'll reserve judgement until I go there next (If I ever do, I fear the damage is done). I just don't get on with that place now. The thing is, if you see a band there and then go to Brixton Academy (for example) or Earls Court (not ideal, but a comparitively same-sized venue) then you don't want to go back to Wembley.